Leading team Operational since October 2013, FONSIS has a team with diverse professional experience, acquired in commercial and investment banking, investment funds, auditing and consulting firms, as well as in different sectors of the business. 'economy. With its national and international experience (Africa, America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East), the FONSIS team will accompany you in your projects.
Papa Demba Diallo
Chief Executive Officier FONSIS SA
- Papa Demba DIALLO is since 2019 the CEO of FONSIS (Senegal’s Sovereign Fund) which act as an investor and a manager of government assets.
- Formerly, Mr DIALLO was Executive Director in charge of the investment process and of Infrastructures, Industry, ICTs & Services, since the creation of FONSIS.
- He spent 18 years in the ICT sector, with telecom operators and equipment manufacturers across Africa, Europe and in the Silicon Valley.
- Prior to joining FONSIS, he was CEO of Orange Business Services, and member of the Executive Committee of SONATEL.
- Mr DIALLO holds an MSc in Telecoms and Distributed Systems, an MSC in Information System Engineering, both from Telecom-Sud Paris; he has also a bachelor in Management (MSG) from the University of Paris-Dauphine.
Chief Investment Officer
- Prior to joining FONSIS, Babacar Gning served 5 years as Deputy Director General of the Operational Bureau for the Monitoring the Emerging Senegal Plan (B.O.S), under the supervision of the Presidency of the Republic of Senegal. In this position, Mr. Gning led the structuring, deployment and monitoring of the implementation of flagship projects and reforms of the Emerging Senegal Plan (PSE).
- Before his time at the BOS, Mr. Gning led a multidisciplinary team for the design of PSE’s Phase 1 (PSE 2014-2018) and the roll-out of its related Delivery Unit, in collaboration with McKinsey, under the guidance of the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Planning,
- Previously, Mr. Gning worked as a Senior Consultant in financing and management of large projects on behalf of public institutions and companies present in Africa such as the National Company of Petroleum Operations of Côte d'Ivoire (PETROCI), Société des Hydrocarbures du Tchad (SHT).
- Mr. Gning started his career at Accenture (International Management Consulting and IT Firm). In 4 years of collaboration, he participated in the design and implementation of Information System projects for the benefit of various French banks (Société Générale, BNP Paribas, Groupe Banque Populaire).
- Mr. Gning holds an Engineering degree from École Centrale Paris. He also a holds a Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Applied Physics as well as a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.