At the heart of the FONSIS investment strategy are:
- the search for maximum social and environmental impact
- encouraging the application of good governance practices. The FONSIS projects have a strong socio-economic impact on:
- the economy: development of import substitution projects (Parenterus), investment in projects targeting export and import substitution (Senergy, Ten Merina, Biosoy), or 92 billion CFA francs of positive impact on the balance commercial
- the populations: 2936 direct jobs generated through these projects in addition to infrastructure development in the project implementation areas
- the private sector: strengthening of the private sector and its access to financing: CFAF 248 billion of investments in projects carried by the private sector for the most part
- the achievement of the PES objectives: reduction of the energy deficit and agricultural projects contributing to the goal of food self-sufficiency.
- The FONSIS presents several perspectives:
- fundraising: through the Green Climate Fund and the setting up of a fund for renewable energy and energy efficiency
- project structuring: the creation of budget spaces with the MEFP
- project: 9 projects in advanced co-development.
- structuring of the Generational Fund for oil and gas revenues